List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: trunk kde4 kdelibs + kde-runtime docbooks
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2016-07-23 12:30:24

Burkhard Lück ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> in trunk kde4 we have language docbooks and docmessages for kdelibs (kioslaves
> + manpages), but no kdelibs docbooks in documentation (no entry kdelibs in
> scripts/documentation_paths).
>
> This does not make sense because:
>
> * without documentation/kdelibs the lang docbooks in kdelibs are never
> regenerated, any change, fix or update of lang/docmessages/kdelibs has not
> effect
>
> * last time we copied doc translations of kdelibs was 2 years ago with
> r1393384 "Copy trunk (KDE/4.14) translations to the stable branch"
>
> * we will not have any docbook changes/updates in trunk kde4 kdelibs
>
> Therefore we should remove docs + docmessages for kdelibs in trunk kde4

More than that, we don't have a master branch for kdelibs anymore, only the
stable KDE/4.14 branch. So we should not have kdelibs documentation at all in
trunk4.

> Any objections?
>
> We have a similar issue with trunk kde4 kde-runtime documentation, last time
> we copied doc translations of kde-runtime 4.11 was 3 years ago.
>
> We should remove trunk kde4 kde-runtime doc translations as well.

No, kde-runtime is still shipped from the master branch, so we should keep
them. We probably never modified the source documentation since then
(kde-runtime is super-heavily-frozen). We could disable them from being
installed by default, thought, as it happens for example on the code
(kde-runtime has khelpcenter4 which no distribution ships).

Ciao
--
Luigi