List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Renaming desktop_<module>_<program>.po file
From:       Burkhard =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2016-06-20 6:54:37

Am Dienstag, 12. April 2016, 16:22:03 CEST schrieb Luigi Toscano:
> Chusslove Illich ha scritto:
> >> [: Luigi Toscano :]
> >> So the question is: are there any major blocker for implementing the
> >> change from the current pattern to <program>.desktop.po?
> >
> > I have just one little note: there already exist one catalog named
> > plasma_shell_org.kde.plasma.desktop.po, that is not a desktop PO. Not sure
> > if that will cause some confusion somewhere. And renaming this one catalog
> > to something else may also be not nice, because it follows the reverse-
> > domain naming pattern.

All catalogs in trunk kf5 with naming scheme "*desktop.po" but no desktop
file:

docmessages: kcontrol_desktop.po + plasma-desktop.po

gui messages:
kcm_kwindesktop.po, plasma_applet_org.kde.plasma.showdesktop.po,
plasma_runner_plasma-desktop.po,  plasma_shell_org.kde.plasma.desktop.po

> > (In the summit I didn't want to think about this, so as a precaution I set
> > it to be renamed to plasma_shell_org.kde.plasma__desktop.po.)
>
> Good point: this won't probably happen too much, but maybe we can define a
> custom prefix which is not going to conflict with normal use cases?
> Maybe
> <program>._desktop.po
> <program>._json.po
> ?
What these catalogs (desktop, json, appdata, mimetypes) have in common is that
they are generated by scripty for internal use only.

We already have the suffix "_qt.po" to distinguish between Gettext and Qt
translation system.

Similar we could use a suffix like e.g. "_scripty.po" for the catalogs
generated by scripty for internal usage.

*_desktop_scripty.po
*_json_scripty.po
*_mimetypes_scripty.po
*_appdata_scripty.po