List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Infrastructure for website translation
From:       Enol Puente <enolp () softastur ! org>
Date:       2016-06-14 21:38:13

Hi all,

A translation web site for the entire KDE infrastructure would be a great
idea, it will make more open the translations from the community without
knowing commands to update and commit our translations. I propose to use a
similar system to Mozilla has, by one side they have a web site based on
Pontoon to translate their platform and software, and by other they have a
sing-off system which is used by coordinators to check translations made by
a language team to ensure the good quality of translations. For example:

BC is a translator of XYZ language and translates K program from the
translation web site, FG is the coordinator of that language and in order
to publish those translations into stable releases, he has to check them
and say "Ok, they're right"

This is my idea. Greetings