List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: String freeze exception request
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2016-03-25 16:15:26

Sandro Andrade ha scritto:
> Hi there,
>
> Minuet (KDE edu software for music education) will have its first
> release in Applications 16.04.
> Some user-visible strings come directly from json files which specify
> the musical exercises, so that I had to write specific extraction code
> in Messages.sh.
>
> I implemented a feature some days before the freeze and forgot to
> consider a new tag for extraction in json files. I'd also like to add
> the credits for the Minuet icon.
>
> Could we have an exception for that? It'd mean six additional strings
> to be translated.

Enabling the translation of existing untranslatable strings does not violate
the string freeze. So no problem for the strings coming from the JSON file.

For the credits, I would say fine for the Italian team: it's a new string
which does not impact the general look of the application even if untranslated.

Ciao
--
Luigi