Am Donnerstag, 10. M=E4rz 2016, 09:14:56 schrieb Sebastian K=FCgler: > On Thursday, March 10, 2016 02:37:11 Alexander Potashev wrote: > > 2016-03-09 19:24 GMT+03:00 Sebastian K=FCgler : > > > Indeed. My change was not trying to get a generalized policy > > > implemented, but to fix the wrong use of the KDE brand. We do > > > have people telling us that they'll happily use KDE to refer to > > > the desktop because we don't even use it consistently > > > ourselves. My change addresses this consistency issue. > >=20 > > Sebastian, > >=20 > > I don't think "KDE Info Center" is wrong use of KDE brand. This > > name is as common as "Microsoft Internet Explorer": in both cases > > the first part is name of the developer/vendor. >=20 > It's highly confusing, as it can too easily be mistaken that this > thing provides info about KDE, which is the whole problem. >=20 > By your logic, we'd have to prepend all of our application names > with KDE. These are words. The meaning of words strongly depend on the cutural=20= background, the peer group you are a part of and even just personal=20 preferences. I honestly do not understand why people are always fighting over=20 words. No user cares about whether KDE is the software or the=20 community. No user cares about whether it's KDE Desktop or Plasma. No=20= user cares about the name of the Info Center (what is this anyway?). They only care once until they found it. After that they follow clicks=20= or whatever name they found it under. If that was not the case, people would never be able to use computers=20= at all with abstract-named application. I need a Desktop -> ah, Plasma might be it. I need a package manager -> ah, Muon sounds promising. I want to write a letter -> hmm, I bet it's Calligra Or let's browse the internet on a burning animal! (yeah yeah, it's not=20= really a burning animal, I know) Names are names. A tiny bit of the freedom the developers enjoy to=20 give their application a personal touch or subjectively a better name=20= than the others did. They are good and bad at the same time according=20= to whom you ask. Is "Mail" or "Thunderbird" a better application name=20= for an email application? Let the fighting begin. Or just stop fighting over names. There is no KDE 5, There is no=20 technology with the name KDE. "A" is a KDE application and "B" is just=20= an application using KDE. Who cares. For me, changing "KDE Info Center" to "Info Center" is up to the=20 developers who do the work. But it's not an important enough change to=20= break string freeze. No user will be confused about the KDE because no=20= user understands, what KDE is anyway. And how many developers do? Anyway, please stop fighting. All the reasoning you think make your=20 point clear for everyone, probably doesn't. It's just your own=20 personal interpretation and others will have as good reasons as yours=20= to claim the opposite. Cheers, Frederik