List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [ES]"Slanted" is not "cursiva"
From:       Karl Ove Hufthammer <karl () huftis ! org>
Date:       2016-02-02 17:42:32

Eloy Cuadra skreiv 02. feb. 2016 18:07:
> It seems that KFontInst can't successfully identify these styles. But
> KFontInst relies on Qt, Fontconfig and FreeType... Tested in KDE 4.14 and
> Plasma 5.5.3.

The reason seems to be that the font
(http://mirrors.ctan.org/fonts/erewhon/opentype/Erewhon-RegularSlanted.otf)
identifies as a ‘RegularSlanted’ font:

$ otfinfo --info Erewhon-RegularSlanted.otf | fgrep Subfamily
Subfamily:           RegularSlanted

If I change the subfamily (using FontForge) to ‘Oblique’ in the font
file, I get the correct translation of ’oblique’ in the KDE Font Viewer.

If I change the subfamily to just ‘Slanted’ in the font file, KDE Font
Viewer says the font is an ‘italics’ (but translated into my language).

A Google search of ‘RegularSlanted’ indicates that this is the only font
using stating that it’s in the ‘RegularSlanted’ subfamily, so I think
this should be considered a bug in the font file. The subfamily should
be changed to ‘Oblique’.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer