List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    [ES]"Slanted" is not "cursiva"
From:       rgb.mldc () openmailbox ! org
Date:       2016-01-30 17:38:29

[NOTE: I'm not subscribed to the list]

There are some typefaces (like, for example, erewon[1]) that offer both,
Italic and a Slanted versions. Both are different, but my Spanish KDE
show both versions as "cursiva" (italic), which is wrong: Slanted should
be translated as "inclinada".

See the attached screenshot: slanted-is-not-italic.png

Left image is the Slanted version and right the Italic one, both shown
on KDE's font viewer.

Because of this "confusion" KDE apps cannot select the right shape. For
example, Words show both versions with their English names in the font
format box, but no matter which one you select the italic version is
displayed as shown on the screenshot slanted-is-not-italic2.png

On the KDE control centre, the slanted version is not even shown as you
can see on the screenshot slanted-is-not-italic3.png

I'm using KDE 4.14.9 under openSUSE 13.2. Right now I cannot test newer
versions.