List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Beginner tutorials ported to KF5: questions and finishing touches
From:       Andreas Cord-Landwehr <cordlandwehr () kde ! org>
Date:       2016-01-18 21:24:09

On Monday, January 18, 2016 8:05:34 PM CET Gregor Mi wrote:
> > Juan Carlos Torres
> > Jucato
> >
> > 1. https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/First_program and
> > successive tutorials
> > 2. https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/First_program/KDE4
>
> Towards the end, in the section "Make And Run" the tutorial references this
> page:
>
> https://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Environment
>
> I am not sure, but this page seems not to be up-to-date and this one should
> be used instead:
>
> https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Building
>
> Can anybody confirm this?

Hi, I would say "neither of them" at their current states. For the one at
techbase it is true that it is outdated and must be revisited. For the KF5
building tutorial (though up-to-date) it is not very accessible for a first-
time developer and lacks a lot of explanations, which a tutorial should
provide. The latter one also mixes several topics which probably each should
gain a self-contained tutorial explanation (how to use kdesrc-build, how to
use Kubuntu-CI, how to use Docker).

Merging both in an updated form would be great of course :)

Cheers,
Andreas