List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    =?UTF-8?Q?Translating_keyboard_shortcut_for_=e2=80=98Space=e2=80=99?=
From:       Karl Ove Hufthammer <karl () huftis ! org>
Date:       2016-01-08 20:29:28

In the KDE game Killbots it is possible to translate the various default
keyboard shortcuts:

https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=killbots.git&a=blob&f=README.translators&o=plain

However, I can’t manage to get the translation to use the keyboard
shortcut ‘Space’. This is used for the ‘teleport safely’ action. It’s
possible to translate the string, but the translation doesn’t work. I
have tried the following:

– Using the English name ‘Space’, like in the original string. – Using
the translated name (‘Mellomrom’ in the ‘nn’ translation).

Both cases result in the keyboard shortcut being listed as empty. So
which string should I use to make the shortcut key be the space key?

Using single-letters keys (e.g. M) in the translations works fine, so
the translatable string seems to correctly associated with the teleport
safely’ action. It’s just using the ‘Space’ string that doesn’t work.

Note that the keyboard shortcuts are listed in the file
~/.local/share/kxmlgui5/killbots/killbotsui.rc When testing, I updated
the translation (place the .mo file where it belongs), deleted the
killbotsui.rc file and then started the game.

-- Karl Ove Hufthammer