List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    =?UTF-8?Q?Translation_team_information_in_=e2=80=98About=e2=80=99_d?= =?UTF-8?Q?ialogue?=
From:       Karl Ove Hufthammer <karl () huftis ! org>
Date:       2015-11-28 9:14:02

Whatever happened to the translation team information in the ‘About'
dialogues? It was very useful for giving people information on how to
contact the translators.

If I go to ‘Help → About *application name*' in, for example, Dolphin or
Konsole ¹, there is no ‘Translation' tab. The same is true for ‘Help →
About KDE'. I recall there being an extra tab with information provided
by the translation team here. There is a string in kcoreaddons5_qt.pot
for this purpose:

    translation teams all over the world.</p>
href="http://l10n.kde.org">http://l10n.kde.org</a></p>

The ‘message context' for the string is ‘KAboutData|replace this with
information about your translation team', so the translators are meant
to edit it to provide language-specific information.

Was this feature removed on purpose, or just accidentally removed?

 ¹ I'm running KDE Plasma 5.4.3, KDE Applications 15.08.3 and Frameworks
5.16.0.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer