--001a114dc35afb9aa805230c44c3 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable > Ovidiu volunteered to test if there's a web based system that can match our > requirements as per I wrongfully thought that Ovidiu was working on a solution for a single translation team. Thanks for clearing this misunderstanding. I check with him to see if I can help. Kind regards, Catalin 2015-10-26 22:52 GMT+02:00 Albert Astals Cid : > El Monday 26 October 2015, a les 20:39:32, Viorel-C=C4=83t=C4=83lin R=C4= =83pi=C8=9Beanu va > escriure: > > Hello, > > > > Is it planned or possible for KDE to have a central translation server > with > > an easy to use GUI? > > > > I find it completely unnecessary for a translator to know how to use a > > mailing list or SVN just to contribute to the translation of a software= . > > Similar solutions were already implemented by projects like GNOME and > > LibreOffice (with Pootle) and are working great. > > > > I know that each team can create it's own server for translation, but > doing > > things these way, is like killing languages with small communities that > > don't have a tech wise guy to make this set-up. > > > > Creating a central unified translation place just like GNOME or > LibreOffice > > will improve the visibility of the project, let the translators focus > only > > on translations and also help existing or new smaller teams. > > Ovidiu volunteered to test if there's a web based system that can match o= ur > requirements as per > > https://community.kde.org/Akademy/2015/Monday/KDE_l10n_and_i18n > > You may want to talk to him to help him with it. > > Cheers, > Albert > > > > > Kind regards, > > Viorel-C=C4=83t=C4=83lin R=C4=83pi=C8=9Beanu > > --001a114dc35afb9aa805230c44c3 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
> Ovidiu voluntee= red to test if there's a web based system that can match our
> requiremen= ts as per

I wrong= fully=C2=A0thought that Ovidiu was working on a solution for a single trans= lation team.
Thanks for clearing this misunderstanding. I check wit= h him to see if I can help.

Kind regards,
Catalin

El Monday 26 October 2015, a les 20:39:= 32, Viorel-C=C4=83t=C4=83lin R=C4=83pi=C8=9Beanu va
escriure:
> Hello,
>
> Is it planned or possible for KDE to have a central translation server= with
> an easy to use GUI?
>
> I find it completely unnecessary for a translator to know how to use a=
> mailing list or SVN just to contribute to the translation of a softwar= e.
> Similar solutions were already implemented by projects like GNOME and<= br> > LibreOffice (with Pootle) and are working great.
>
> I know that each team can create it's own server for translation, = but doing
> things these way, is like killing languages with small communities tha= t
> don't have a tech wise guy to make this set-up.
>
> Creating a central unified translation place just like GNOME or LibreO= ffice
> will improve the visibility of the project, let the translators focus = only
> on translations and also help existing or new smaller teams.

Ovidiu volunteered to test if there's a web based system that ca= n match our
requirements as per

https://community.kde.org/Akademy/201= 5/Monday/KDE_l10n_and_i18n

You may want to talk to him to help him with it.

Cheers,
=C2=A0 Albert