On 25 October 2015 at 23:01, Albert Astals Cid wrote: > El Friday 23 October 2015, a les 08:01:17, Karl Ove Hufthammer va escriur= e: >> OK. So (sometime) in the future, the timezone settings in the KDE system >> settings won=E2=80=99t use this file anymore? But then what *will* it us= e as a >> source for names of continents, countries and major cities in the world? >> A new library? That is, a *third* file with ~700 strings duplicated >> (from the clock applet) to translate? > > That is a good question and i have no idea about it, you may want to rais= e it > in the plasma or kde-frameworks mailing lists. I can't speak for what Plasma plan to do with the clock, but the new QTimeZone support in Qt5 provides api to obtain various localised forms of the time zone name. If your installed Qt5 is compiled against ICU (which by default it should be) then the ICU translations will be used. In theory we will not need to provide translations ourselves unless the ICU ones are found to be deficient in some way. The names of countries / continents / cities for uses outside of time zones are a different matter, I've been unable to get anything satisfactory into Qt as yet, we still have a need for proper ISO code support that I may one day finish. John.