List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [RFC] changes in qt translation process
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2015-09-23 20:27:24

Oswald Buddenhagen ha scritto:
> a service that has been suggested multiple times by different parties is
> transifex (tx). i have two questions relating to that:
> - for all i can tell, it would indeed satisfy the requirements. do you
>   agree?
>   note that tx has a command line client, so it isn't a problem if you
>   don't like their web interface and prefer to use lokalize.
> - tx is a non-free service. it would be cost-free for qt as a FOSS
>   project and we could get the translation files out of it any time (and
>   a translation memory could be created by replaying all revisions of
>   the files), but some people might object out of principle. do you see
>   this as a serious problem?
>
> at this point i'm also open to entirely different proposals, as long as
> they don't involve an unreasonable amount of setup work on our side and
> don't significantly impair the workflow of non-kde members of the qt
> community. note that this infrastructure would also need to host
> translations for qt creator and other products which kde might have no
> direct interest in.

If you are going this way, I would propose an instance of Zanata, which is
completely FLOSS:
http://zanata.org/

I have personally no experience with the installation, but I can ask about the
complexity.

If you don't want to install Zanata, it is possible to use its main instance
to create a project (for FLOSS projects at least):
https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/
http://zanata.org/help/create-project/

Ciao
--