List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Missing Messages.sh
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2015-03-12 22:16:01

El Dijous, 12 de març de 2015, a les 12:44:39, Tomáš Chvátal va escriure:
> > On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano@tiscali.it>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > What will it be the reason for moving to kdeplasma-addons (aka
> > > workspace)?
> >
> > It's released later and has a string freeze in about 3 weeks, was my
> > thought...
> >
> > > IIRC fixing existing but (by mistake) untranslatable strings does not
> > > require
> > > exceptions, it's better having them partially translated than not
> > > translated
> > > at all (the worst case is: no difference).
> >
> > Introducing new strings, or changing the existing ones, are different
> >
> > > cases.
> > > Waiting for other people memories about this...
> >
> > Ah, I didn't realize that new minor releases also contain updated
> > translations
> > so that could work.
> >
> > Yeah we update the strings even in the minor cycle updates. So I would
>
> just recommend adding it there.
>
> The string freeze is more for changing strings rather than fixing mistakes
> and adding previously untranslated ones.

Quoting
https://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/Applications/15.04_Release_Schedule#Wednesday.2C_February_25.2C_2015:_KDE_Applications_15.04_Message_Freeze

All translated messages (GUI strings) are frozen on this date. Only previously
untranslated strings or clear errors in strings can be fixed. No major new
strings changes should be done. You cannot add new strings, if you really need
one ask kde-i18n-doc for an exception. It is ok to remove strings.

Cheers,
  Albert