List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Multiple branches for extragear projects
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-12-30 21:59:17

El Dimarts, 30 de desembre de 2014, a les 22:52:17, Thomas Fischer va
escriure:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question on how different branches of extragear
> projects are handled in the Subversion repository for
> translations.
> As extragear projects' releases follow no global plan, basically
> at any point an extragear project's maintainer may decide to
> create a stable branch (only bug fixes and few string changes)
> different from the actively developed branch (many string
> changes) that will become the future stable branch.
>
> I checked a number of other extragear projects. The general
> scheme is to fetch the most recent .po files for a project (i.e.
> trunk), irrespective of what type of release (stable vs testing)
> those .po files are meant to be used.
>
> tl;dr: How are releases and branches of extragear projects
> reflected in SVN?

If you want to have a stable branch you have to specify it in projects.kde.org
i18n branch settings.

Then the stable branch for translations[1] will get those .po files.

Cheers,
  Albert

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/branches/stable/l10n-kde4/
[1] http://websvn.kde.org/branches/stable/l10n-kf5/