List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Message re-sorting in repack-pot.pl
From:       Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier () ruhr-uni-bochum ! de>
Date:       2014-12-08 18:56:57

Hi,

On Thursday 04 December 2014 21:58:12 Chusslove Illich wrote:
> If the Python script that creates rkward__analysis.po would set proper
> source references itself (by processing POT file after it is internally
> created by xgettext), and given that fine topic sorting is manually
> provided, I would be happy to enable some kind of switch for Messages.sh by
> which it can set to skip repackpot.pl on a given POT.

ok. I have added extraction of line number information for the XML files
(surprisingly hard to accomplish). Considering the other feedback, I think I
will leave it to repack-pot.pl to turn this into real source references, and
accept the sorting it does. Since this should now work for all source files,
the result should be that files are in fact sorted, alphabetically (instead of
some being sorted, and the other ones sticking to the top). This is quite
appropriate for most plugins, indeed, and the few exceptions where it is not
quite ideal, don't seem important enough to justify much additional effort.

Thanks!
Thomas