List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Message re-sorting in repack-pot.pl
From:       Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier () ruhr-uni-bochum ! de>
Date:       2014-12-04 19:42:42

On Thursday 04 December 2014 20:18:01 Luigi Toscano wrote:
> That's what context are used for. If you put a different context to the same
> message, they are not grouped together, and this is a developer
> responsibility. Having message grouped (if they have the same meaning)
> means translated more messages.

I am aware of msgctxt. I'm talking about grouping in the sense of sorting, not
of msgctxt, here. And with respect to sorting messages:

<tongue-in-cheek>
Then why do you sort by filename/line, instead of msgctxt / msgid? Maybe the
latter that would actually be ripping messages out of context (not msgctxt)?
</tongue-in-cheek>

> It has never been a problem so far. Please trust your translators.

If you say it's not worth worrying about, I'll absolutely trust you on this.

Regards
Thomas