List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: i18n and direct builds from a source repository
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2014-11-26 13:43:32

On Wednesday 26 of November 2014 14:09:36 Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> There seems to be no uniform answer to this for all (or even most) projects
> in KDE. Manually copying pos from svn and adjust CMakeLists for that may
> just work, if you are really familiar with KDE infrastructure. releaseme is
> a great way for extragear apps to (among other things) fetch translations,
> but - as the name is already indicating - is quite obviously _not_
> targetted at casual curious bystanders: It is a rather complex additional
> step for users to take - unless of course they are already knee-deep into
> KDE repos - it takes several minutes just to fetch the translations of a
> single catalog, it produces a lot of noise along the way, it does not give
> you an easy way to keep tracking after the initial "clone", ...
> All of these are non-issues for the actual use-case of releaseme: Creating
> releases. But it's just not targetted at tracking development.

So why not just fixing releaseme to remove those issues (which I see as
small)?
Is the goal here:
User launch script -> find a source directory with translations -> compile it?

Release scripts partially cover this, it's mostly a matter of changing the
output

It's much easier IMHO then duplicating content in SVN, which I would
personally oppose.

Ciao
--
Luigi