List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: i18n setup for RKWard
From:       Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier () ruhr-uni-bochum ! de>
Date:       2014-11-18 21:00:26

Hi,

On Tuesday 18 November 2014 21:27:54 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 18. November 2014, 20:41:28 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > Hi!
> >
> > On Tuesday 18 November 2014 20:28:47 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > Scripty will bail out if there's a po/ folder.
> >
> > Hm, how unfortunate. Would it be enough to simply rename the folder?
>
> Or move Messages.sh to folder rkward as suggested by me.
> No any other src folder has translatable messages via gettext

hm, I'm confused. I had thought you were referring to the repo toplevel, and I
have moved Messages.sh, there. That also seems to be the location where most
other repos keep their Messages.sh. But yes, we also have subfolder "rkward"
inside the repo, where the actual sources are. You suggest moving there?

And what exactly is the story on scripty and the po-folder? Browsing the
scripts, I gather scripts/update_translations loops over all repos
("modules"), and calls extract_messages.sh for each. I'm not sure, I'm reading
it correctly, but it does seem to work inside a temporary folder "po" of each
module, and in fact bail out if that already exists. Not sure why it would do
that, instead of some tempdir outside the sources, but so what.

But for clarity, exactly what is the problematic case:
- A "po"-folder at the top level of the repo?
- A "po"-folder at the same level as Messages.sh
- A "po"-folder anywhere in the repo?

In any case, I went ahead and simply renamed "po" to "i18n" for now.

Regards
Thomas