List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: i18n setup for RKWard
From:       Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier () ruhr-uni-bochum ! de>
Date:       2014-11-18 15:19:45

Hi,

On Tuesday 18 November 2014 15:52:54 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Later.
>
> Lets start simple and add a default Messages.sh and rename the existing
> po/Messages.sh so we get the GUI translated first, see attached diff.

thanks. I will apply this _after_ the existing translations have been imported
(or at least those translations that are deemed worth importing). IMO, making
a message template appear before the existing translations is just asking for
trouble...

(And the fear that exactly this might be happening was the reason to ask about
this _now_; otherwise I would probably have tended to some other things,
first).

> Btw git.reviewboard.kde.org has no group rkward, please add it.

Will do, but we've only just arrived! Give us a few more days...

> There are still some strings not extracted but apparently used in the GUI:
>
> docbooks in rkward/pages/rkward_*.rkh
>
> translation of plugins docbooks in rkward/plugins/*/*.rkh, maybe more
> plugins files?

All these files were not translatable up to now, and I'm just in the process
of changing this. I'm mostly done, too, but still needs a bit. The "old"
Messages.sh already extracts messages (using
scripts/extract_plugin_messages.py) for one group of the plugins, along with
their .rkh, .xml, .pluginmap, and .js-files. But this is not yet finalized.
I'll let this list know, when I think it's ready for you to look at!

> Installation fails for me with this error:
> <quote>
> -- Installing R support packages
> Error: ERROR: no permission to install to directory '/usr/local/lib/R/site-
> library'
> CMake Error at rkward/rbackend/rpackages/rpackage_install.cmake:30
> (MESSAGE): Failed to install R support libraries.  Please make sure you
> have the required permissions.
> </quote>

When installing as without root privileges, you will have to specify -
DR_LIBDIR=~/rkwardRlibrary or similar. Note that I am not actually sure this
will work, though. It's a rarely tested path...

Regards
Thomas