Hi translators, my favorite locale x-test to check translation issues and evil fixed=20= layout is somehow crippled in kf5 1) we have no translations for Qt like kdeqt.po with 1985 msgs in kde4 2) Qt does not load a translation from locale x-test, because x-test is= a KDE=20 internal locale and therefore unknown to Qt, so it will refuse to load = these=20 translations, even if a catalog with these translations exists.=20 This affects=20 qtbase_*.ts with 1444 msgs all catalogs in frameworks/*_qt.po with 1058 msgs To make locale x-test again usable for me I have performed these steps:= * convert qtbase_de.ts from my qt 5.3 sources to the gettext template=20= qtbase_de.pot * generate a qtbase_de.po in x-test with msgstr's xxfooxx * convert the qtbase_de.po to qtbase_zu.qm * install locale KDE x-test in + qtbase_zu.qm in kf5/share/locale/zu Now x-test is usable again for me under the new language name "zu". My choice for the faked x-test locale was Zulu (zu), because zu is in=20= kf5/share/locale/kf5_all_languages, has zero translations in kde and is= in ISO=20 639-1 and therefore known to Qt as well. Now I have most of x-text translations back, except the translations fr= om=20 desktop files, which have no msgs for locale zu. What about if we use this recipe, rename x-test to zu (or select anothe= r=20 locale from 639-1) to get a fully supported locale x-test with a differ= ent name=20 again?=20 --=20 Burkhard L=FCck