List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: New language
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2014-09-13 5:28:57

написане Fri, 12 Sep 2014 23:01:13 +0300, Yacine Bouklif
<yacine_tizi2003@yahoo.fr>:

> Hi ! My name is Yacine Bouklif I am from Kabylia and I would like to
> work on Kabyle localization for KDE. The Kabyle team is inactive.
>
> Regards,
> Yacine Bouklif.

Hi,

It seems that Kabyle (kab) does not have an entry in glibc [1], which is
used to load the translation catalogs.

Please create the locale file (there is a helpful online editor for them
on [2]) and push them into glibc repo first.

Next glibc release is planned on February 2015 so you have some time to
place the locale where it should be and start to translate KDE in
effective way.

If you have any questions about this process, please do not hesitate to
ask.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri