List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Question regarding baloo_queryparser: weekday names
From:       Alexander Potashev <aspotashev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-05-28 11:00:55

> Yes, the month and day names are matched by position, I was not aware that
> some month and day names may have several names. I think that alternate
> names will be supported by using "name1|name2|name3|etc". You can already
> translate the parser using this syntax, my patch will not invalidate the
> strings.

Denis,

We could avoid parsing space-separated strings by using a ready-made
list of QStrings. The profit for translators is that they have more
maintainable single strings "january", etc. Otherwise things will
break if someone misses a month/weekday name in translation.

Some more notes on pass_periodnames.cpp:
 1. "august" is misspelled,
 2. I see no reason to use "long long" while QStringList::count()
returns just "int".

--
Alexander Potashev