List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Loading Qt 5 translations
From:       Aurélien Gâteau <agateau () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-05-27 14:08:45

On Mon, May 26, 2014, at 9:41, Alexander Potashev wrote:
> > Not sure where we could put this. Frameworks load their translations, I
> > believe it should be up to Qt to load its own translations. The only
> > framework where it could maybe make sense to add such feature is in
> > KI18n, but even there it feels a bit out of place.
>
> Aurélien,
>
> You can't put .qm loading code in KI18n because Tier 1 frameworks
> should not depend on KI18n.

I know, but I think we can assume devs who only use Qt and tier 1
frameworks are aware that they need to load Qt translations themselves.
This problem is not limited to frameworks: if you create a Qt-only
application and make use of QDialogButtonBox or QMessageBox, then you
already have to load Qt translations yourself, regardless of whether you
are using KDE frameworks or not.

Aurélien