List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Awkward style of plural forms in kdelibs4.po
From:       Aurélien Gâteau <agateau () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-04-09 7:57:19

Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> El Dimarts, 8 d'abril de 2014, a les 10:32:35, Aurélien Gâteau va
> escriure:
>> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> > El Dilluns, 7 d'abril de 2014, a les 11:14:02, Aurélien Gâteau va
>> >
>> > escriure:
[snip]
>> > The problem is who translates it. Anyone can do it, but it has to be
>> > done. I'd prefer a solution that doesn't need work to be done later,
>> > since somewhen someone will forget.
>>
>> I agree, which is why I suggested the en_GB team, but maybe that's a bad
>> idea?
>
> OTOH stuff is not going to change much there so we could even try to
> convince the developers to do it?

It would require developers to get a partial checkout of l10n-kf5 and update
things there. I am afraid very few people would do so because A) they do not
need to do such a thing when working with ki18n and B) "translation is just
magic which happens automatically, without having to care about it". I would
love to be proven wrong though.

Aurélien