List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Outdated translations for DocBook entities, KDE4 references
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2014-04-03 22:41:37

Hi all,

there are some outdated translations in the entities used to generated the
documentation.

For example there are some references to a wiki page which was called
"Building KDE4 From Source" into  install-compile.docbook, but it has been
changed.
The old version of the snippet was:
-----------------
<para>For detailed information on how to compile and install &kde;
applications see <ulink url="http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started">
Building KDE4 From Source</ulink></para>

but if you check the current version from en/entities/install-compile.docbook is:
<para>For detailed information on how to compile and install &kde;
applications see
<ulink
url="http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started#Building_and_Running_KDE_Software_From_Source">
Building and Running KDE Software From Source</ulink></para>

In few languages the link has not been updated, and the reference to KDE4 is
still there. This should be fixed at least in the Frameworks-based version of
the file.

This is just an example but the most important because of the KDE4 references,
which are currently cleaned up in Frameworks:
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/KF5.0_Release_Preparation/KDE4_References

So what I would kindly like to ask is: please check that file and update the
translation to match the English test.
And if you have some time please also recheck if the translation of the other
entities still matches the original version.

You can find the entites:
- for Frameworks: in kdoctools repository, src/customization directory (master
branch)
- for KDE Platform 4: kdelibs repository, kdoctools/customization directory
(master branch) (less priority to fix it in 4.x, but the message is the same,
so the same change applies)

If you don't feel comfortable in pushing files to git, please send me the
patch and I will apply it using your name to both repositories.

The list of languages where the translations follows the old text is at least:

src/customization/de/entities/install-compile.docbook:KDE4 aus dem Quellcode
installieren</ulink></para>
src/customization/es/entities/install-compile.docbook:Construir KDE4 desde el
código fuente</ulink> para obtener información
src/customization/ja/entities/install-compile.docbook:<para>&kde; アプリケー
ションのコンパイルおよびインストール方法については、<ulink
url="http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started">Building
src/customization/lt/entities/install-compile.docbook:KDE4 kompiliavimas iš
išeities kodo</ulink></para>
src/customization/nds/entities/install-compile.docbook:gifft dat (op Engelsch)
op <ulink url="http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started">KDE4 ut den Bornkode
buen</ulink>.</para>
src/customization/sq/entities/install-compile.docbook:Building KDE4 From
Source</ulink></para>
src/customization/sv/entities/install-compile.docbook:Bygga KDE4 från
källkod</ulink>.</para>
src/customization/th/entities/install-compile.docbook:Building KDE4 From
Source</ulink></para>

The translations could be outdated in other languages too, but I didn't check
in depth. As I said, other files could have outdated translations too.

Ciao
--
Luigi