List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Time to split translations for KF5?
From:       Martin Schlander <martin.schlander () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-01 20:00:36

Tirsdag den 1. april 2014 08:23:02 skrev Albert Astals Cid:
> El Dimarts, 1 d'abril de 2014, a les 08:48:02, Burkhard Lück va escriure:
> > I think yes, we apparently need:
> >
> > 1) stable/l10n-kde4
> > modules kde* 4.13/4.14 except kde-workspace 4.11 + all stable extragear at
> > least until the end of this year
> >
> > 2) trunk/l10n-kde4
> > modules kde* master but without kde-workspace, which does not have a
> > "master" branch + extragear + playground
> >
> > 3) trunk/10n-kf5
> > let's start with frameworks(master), kde-workspace(master), plasma-
> > framework(master)(?) and kde-runtime(frameworks) when this module has been
> > splitted (will happen soon)
> > Each module/application, where development switches to a frameworks based
> > branch (kate, konsole, okteta) should be added here consecutively.
>
> Is there any reason we can't have 2 and 3 together? I don't see any other
> than the name being l10n-kde4 but if it was l10n-master or l10n-unstable I
> would not see any problem.

No strong opinion here, whatever works the best for l10n maintainers will work
for me.

If we have only two branches, at least kf5 based applications and workspace
should be clearly seperated from kde4 stuff - e.g. by putting stuff in 'kf5-
applications' and 'kf5-workspace' or similar.

If it's not possible to clearly seperate kde4 and kf5 stuff within trunk, I
lean towards three branches instead.