List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Translations for Mimetyps e.g. in kdelibs/xml_mimetypes not working?
From:       Burkhard =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2013-12-22 14:26:35

Hi,

Commit log for kde.xml Revision 644191 says:
<quote>
Remove old-style .desktop files, and turn them into a kde.xml file
[snip]
During make install, update-mime-database is run to process kde.xml
</quote>

But apparently this does not work properly,

Looking at the shared-mime-info-1.2 tarball I found a file HACKING which says:
<quote>
Releasing
---------
- Run "make update-translations" and "make check-translations" before release
</quote>

This apparently generates the file freedesktop.org.xml and add all translations
from the po folders for a mime type definition e.g.:
<mime-info xmlns="http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info">
  <mime-type type="application/andrew-inset">
    <comment>ATK inset</comment>
    <comment xml:lang="ar">شكل ATK</comment>
[snip]
    <acronym>ATK</acronym>
    <expanded-acronym>Andrew Toolkit</expanded-acronym>
    <generic-icon name="x-office-document"/>
    <glob pattern="*.ez"/>
  </mime-type>

The last step is apparently missing in kde or am I completely wrong here?

--
Burkhard Lück