List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Translation issue in KDevelop (multiple languages)
From:       Kevin Funk <krf () gmx ! de>
Date:       2013-11-19 22:17:29

Hey,

I just noticed that some strings in KDevelop are translated in a wrong way.

We have file templates in KDevelop that allow to generate code for both
QObject and GObject based classes (notice "Q" vs. "G"). But we have the
following translation strings in kdevelop.git:

file_templates/classes/qobject/qobject.desktop
7:Name[de]=GObject-Unterklasse
15:Name[it]=Sottoclasse GObject
35:Comment[de]=Eine GObject-Unterklasse mit Eigenschaften
43:Comment[it]=Sottoclasse GObject con delle proprietà

Notice that qobject.desktop has some strings referring to "GObject".

This is unfortunately wrong, and confuses the user. Since this affects
multiple languages, I'm posting this here.

Can you fix, please? Or can I just fix the strings in kdevelop.git itself?

Greets

PS: Please CC me, I'm not subscribed.

--
Kevin Funk