Dne 24. 08. 2013 16:45, piše Mr. Phan Anh:
I thought this was forgotten.

2. Secondly, noone is kicked out.
As I have proposed in the previous email, member for Vietnamese Maintainer Group is doing well with his translation progress.
So, "kicking out" is really a inconvenience for both of Localization Group and LeHoang himself.

The point is: we have differences in thinking and sharing vision about the translation progress.
My proposal is: Noone is kicked out. Just adding a different team for Vietnamese to the current translation.

When we are doing a project, many different ideas should not be dumped over the time, debating is a good way for moving forward. The discipline between two sides of a coin is a good decision?
I think that, each element in translation is worth for hardworking both for the maintainers and the translator - in this case (for translating).

Someone would say, KDE project has already enough languages for each native language, adding another language to the same native language just leads to defragmentation of developing process.
I think that, the more differences happen, the more colorful picture we will get.

3. This replying email just has one goal: replying to you, and making my suggestion become clear.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Thank you again for replying my email for suggestion.

Regards
Anh Phan.

Hello,

I think this is wrong. If you would add another team there would be two variants of the same translation:
- users would be confused which translation to choose
- since work would be split, the translation progress would not be as fast as with combined work
- users could choose Style1 as primary and Style2 as secondary translations, but if the styles would differ, it would be a mess

In the end, nobody would use the translations. Here is what we did for our localization teams:

-assign a coordinator for each big project: KDE, Gnome,Firefox,Thunderbird,OOO.org, etc.
-coordinators work together and form translation guidelines: a glossary with common english -> your_languague translations, write down stuff that translators should be aware off, use common translation memory, etc.
-everyone can add suggestions to glossary, every month or so there is a meeting and voting about suggestions
-a common mailing list
-etc.

Since the unification, the translation quality is much better than before and any translator can switch to another group (Gnome <-> KDE,OOO<->KDE) since the translating style is really similar. If the coordinators won't cooperate, try to convince them why consistency matters. I'm sure they will change their mind. Just don't force anything -> suggesting is much better.

Regards,
Andrej