List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: string freezing playground/base/about-distro
From:       Harald Sitter <sitter () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-07-25 11:33:23

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Harald Sitter <sitter@kde.org> wrote:
>> #: Module.cpp:121
>> #, kde-format
>> msgid "%1-bit"
>> msgstr ""
>> -> this gets expanded as "32-bit" or "64-bit", right?
>
> yes

I think I found what you were thinking of here.

<numid>By default, numbers supplied as arguments to i18n calls are
formatted into localized form. If the number is supposed to be a
numeric identifier instead, like a port number, use this tag to signal
numeric-id environment.

while I am not sure that has actual implications for bits, I now
changed the string to use numid:

+    ui->bitsLabel->setText(i18nc("@label %1 is the CPU bit width
(e.g. 32 or 64)",
+                                 "<numid>%1</numid>-bit", bits));

I also added some context to what %1 in the RAM string looks like:

+                             ? i18nc("@label %1 is the formatted
amount of system memory (e.g. 7,7 GiB)",
+                                     "%1 of RAM",
KGlobal::locale()->formatByteSize(totalRam))

HS