List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: string freezing playground/base/about-distro
From:       Harald Sitter <sitter () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-07-24 20:56:08

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM, Pino Toscano <toscano.pino@tiscali.it> wrote:
> #: LSBRelease.cpp:33
> msgctxt "@label"
> msgid "Unknown"
> msgstr ""
> -> "unknown" what? please add the subject in the context

+        const QString unknown = i18nc("@label unknown distribution
information (name, version, release codename, description)",
+                                      "Unknown");

hope that's more useful.

> #: Module.cpp:53
> msgid "DESCRIPTION..."
> msgstr ""
> -> erm...

fixed

> #: Module.cpp:121
> #, kde-format
> msgid "%1-bit"
> msgstr ""
> -> this gets expanded as "32-bit" or "64-bit", right?

yes

>> about-distro is a tiny KCM allowing distributions to display
>> information about the installed distribution release in a compact and
>> integrated fashion.
>
> It seems to rely on the file /etc/lsb-release, which on my distro does
> not exist; OTOH, `lsb_release` is installed and works, so maybe you
> should switch to that?

actually the plan is to switch to os-release [1] as lsb-release in
fact was never backed by any sort of specification. if your
distribution would like to pick up the KCM soonishy then I could
definitely be convinced to change that sooner rather than later ;)

> Also, Q_ASSERT'ing on unknown fields/situations is not a good idea, the
> user will just see system settings disappear with no trace of what
> happened.

bound to go away before release, thanks for reminding me.

> What is the secret key combo opening a youtube video?

easteregg :P

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/os-release.html

HS