List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    How to check in which .mo/.po file a string from the program is located?
From:       R33D3M33R <andrejm () ubuntu ! si>
Date:       2013-07-16 20:21:56

Hello,

I was updating the Krusader translation some time ago and noticed that
some strings weren't translated. I have downloaded x-test and run the
program with it (great thing for testing btw.) and there were several
strings without the xx. To my great surprise, these strings are
translated in German and also it looks like they are also translated in
Russian and Czech (I didn't check all languages, just random ones).
Another surprise is, that these strings are actually included in the
.po/.pot file but just aren't used.

I know I could download the source for the program and try to find the
relevant strings, but surely, there has to be an easier way. i have
failed to find any information on this on the internet, probably because
I'm not really sure what should I look for. The strings that I've found
untranslatable are located in the header columns of each panel (Ext,
modified, perms, rwx).

Any help, links to relevant threads/posts in how to debug/fix this,
would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers and thanks,
Andrej