List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Discussion about 3 months releases for KDE SC
From:       Martin Schlander <martin.schlander () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-07-09 12:47:28

Tirsdag den 9. juli 2013 13:20:57 skrev Luigi Toscano:
> there is discussion on kde-core-devel@ (maybe you are subscribed, but in
> case you missed it) about releasing KDE SC every 3 month starting from
> 4.12.
>
> As this hits our work (IMHO), could you please take a look at the discussion
> so that we can came up with something?
>
> This is the thread:
> http://lists.kde.org/?t=137331781500014&r=1&w=2
>
> This is the first email:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=137331442528841&w=2

From a translation perspective I don't have any problems with it. There'll be
an increase in complexity trying to keep track of schedules and freezes and
which KDE SC versions will make it into which distro releases and such. But
the workload will be more evenly distributed throughout the year, which is
probably a good thing.

As a user, tech supporter on irc and forums, and as a "distro person" I might
have different opinions, but that's not relevant here.