List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Misleading string in rfc.desktop search provider
From:       Rohan Garg <rohan () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-06-28 17:28:24

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM, Rohan Garg <rohan@kde.org> wrote:
> [snip]
>> Only thing is maybe i'd shorten "Request for Comment" to RFC or add it in
>> parentheses after the "Request for Comment" text.
>>
> [snip]
>
> I agree, since the description already has 'IETF' there, it should be
> pretty clear to the user what this search provider does. I would like
> to wait for 48 hours before changing the string, so that if someone
> else comes with a better string, we can use that instead.
>
> Regards
> Rohan Garg

Uhm okay, I did not notice this before sending the original email, but
it seems like the word 'Search' is hardcoded i.e. if I change the
description to 'Open IETF RFC' in the desktop file, krunner shows :
'Search Open IETF RFC' which makes even less sense.

The only alternative I can think of at the moment is to shorten the
string to "Search IETF RFC"