List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Some strings resist to translate.
From:       Orestes Mas <orestes () caliu ! cat>
Date:       2013-04-24 11:19:23

El Dimecres 24 Abril 2013, a les 12:12:53, Orestes Mas va escriure:

> But I've changed double quotes by simple ones, and the problem persists...
> Worst. The english string hasn't changed. Is there any kind of translation
> cache? Wait. This deserves another thread, I think...

Solved this part too. It turned out that, apart from extracting and
translating messages, I also have to recompile when I make changes to the
strings. I suppose that english string acts as a "hash key" into the
translations hash table (if any), and the modified english string has to be put
into the executable again.

Now it's obvious to me, but when one is not 100% aware of all the translation
process, some "details" can pass unnoticed.

Thanks.

--
Orestes Mas.