List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    i18n problem
From:       Orestes Mas <orestes () caliu ! cat>
Date:       2013-04-21 23:17:26

I try to internationalize an static string, but it keeps to appear in
english at runtime.

The string is declared as:
QString Recorder::disabledAudioString = ki18nc ("Audio source (settings
combo option)", "No Audio").toString();

I use this string (among others) to initialize the contents of a
QStringList somewhere in the program.

I correctly extract all the program's messages into a .POT file, and this
message is there. I use lokaliza to translate this, and I copy the
resulting .mo file at proper place. All other messages appear  translated,
except this one.

Same behaviour if I use a "i18nc" version of this declaration: QString
Recorder::disabledAudioString = i18nc ("Audio source (settings combo
option)", "No Audio");

I suspect the problem lies in this string being static, but I cannot figure
why, nor I could find a workaround.

Can anyone give me any clue about what's happening?

Thx.
Orestes.