List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Some short questions
From:       Orestes Mas <orestes () caliu ! cat>
Date:       2013-04-19 13:58:06

El Dijous 18 Abril 2013, a les 15:15:49, Burkhard Lück va escriure:
> Am Donnerstag, 18. April 2013, 13:57:40 schrieb Orestes Mas:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Now I'm on the stage of internationalizating a program I'm developing, and
> > I've some questions, keeping in mind that some day I'd like to see this
> > program integrated into KDE infrastructure.
> >
> > Suppose the program's root dir is $progroot
> >
> > 1) Where should I put the "Messages.sh" script? it's $progroot okay or
> > $progroot/src (where the sources actually reside) is better?
>
> Hmm, does not really matter as long as you use 'find'.

I only wondered if KDE scripts expect this "Messages.sh" to be in some fixed
place or not.

> > 2) I've seen that Messages.sh script extract all i18n strings and put them
> > in $podir/progname.pot. The question is: should I create myself this
> > $podir
> > folder?
>
> * If the source is in a kde repo and processed by scripty -> no
>
> * if you extract the message catalog manually using
> l10n-kde4/scripts/extract- messages.sh -> yes

Ok. So in the meantime, while my project isn't yet integrated into the KDE
infrastructure, I have to create this $podir myself.

Thanks.
--
Orestes.