List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translation Methods comparsion
From:       mvillarino <mvillarino () kde-espana ! es>
Date:       2013-04-04 18:27:53

2013/4/4 Lasse Liehu <lasse.liehu@gmail.com>

> On 4 April 2013 20:48, mvillarino <mvillarino@kde-espana.es> wrote:
> > * Otherwise bring all changes from SVN. In case of conflicts, select
> >>
> >> the version in Translatewiki. Except if the message was marked as
> >> discarded (i2), then select the SVN version.
> [...]
> "i1) Add a command to lokalize alternate translation view, to be able
> to discard an alternative. If it is used, the online tool should be
> notified to not use mine conflict on svn up."

Discarding conflicts by cherry-picking each particular conflict is not what
I was thinking about, despite you can try this using external diff and
merge tools (chapter 7 of the red book is some six chapters after where I
stopped reading), so if you try it I can not help much.
I think adding the relevant informations via comments to the file to commit
into kde svn is not a good idea, as they would accumulate volatile
informations soon. Maybe adding it into files used for primary sync and
sending them back to trWiki could do the job.

Please note there is a situation not considered previously: a file with
contribution both from the online tool and from a desktop cat tool user.