List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translation Methods comparsion
From:       mvillarino <mvillarino () kde-espana ! es>
Date:       2013-04-01 12:18:03

> For now we're just collecting names of TWN translators
> interested in the project, at https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating:KDE
> You may want to set up a different section on the same page, or a page on a
> site of yours, for the "KDE side", to see what languages/teams have
> discussed and decided to join the pilot. You decide how to organise your own
> decisions. :)

Hereby I offer Galician language team for testing of an hybrid
procedure, where hybrid means that the translation team would use both
a desktop application and a web based application to tranlate KDE.

Let me know openly how to proceed.

> Very crude* idea of how to handle conflicts using Lokalize:

Please consider the following procedure:
 online work proceeds only for kde trunk.
b) periodically, the online tool issues a command that exports in a
tarball or copies to an ad-hoc directory only those files that where
newly created or modified files,
b1) the files exported are flagged as "prefer mine full"
b2) send the tarball to the coordination party (in short: if the local
copy is dirty, let the coordinator know of your dust).
c) the coordinator untars the online job in an ad-hoc directory (well,
in my case it is at the this level:
      /path_to/KDE/trunk/l10n-kde4/.
aside: given the volume of work for my team, I copy the po files
directly onto by working copy. Only each now and them I do some test
just to check what is people actually doing.

What should happen now ? I consider that it should be:
d) the script changes working directory to
/path_to/KDE/trunk/l10n-kde4/onliners/ (for instance)
e) for each file in the pwd, if no such file in the working copy, move
the file there, svn add it there  and delete here.
f) the script launches lokalize with the right project.
g) for each remaining file in onliners, in lokalize ope an editor for
it, and attach the file in onliners as an alternate tranlation file or
something like that.
h) at this point, the ideal would be to instrude lokalize to show just
those translation unit for wich there is an alternate translation
(different from the one currently in the file in the working copy).
i) To the dirty job: go take a look at each alternate translation and
accept it if the coordinator thinks it's fine.
 i1) Add a command to lokalize alternate translation view, to be able
to discard an alternative. If it is used, the online tool should be
notified to not use mine conflict on svn up.
 i2) Add a command to lokalize in order to notify the online tool when
a file has been totally accepted, so reject mine conflict.
j) Commit and notify the online tool

k) The coordinator then proceeds with files from desktopers (by using
the same tools on different pwd).

l) The online tool then waits for scripty and updates. If the update
brings in conflicts, the files notified as ready for a
theirs-conflicts resolve  by accepting the files from scripty,
otherwise mine-conflicts is the way.
    ... so online keeps the files which has not been fully reviewed
(and commited) by coordinator, and gets po files updated from scripty.

One every check-kde-tp run is acceptable.