El Divendres, 22 de mar=E7 de 2013, a les 11:16:29, Leon Feng va escriu= re: > I am suprised to see KDE may use it for GUI translation in translatio= nWiki > newsletter.=20 You are as surprised as us all were when we learnt about that newslette= r. Cheers, Albert > If there will exist a web translation interface, I am afraid > the best choice will not be translatewiki but should be Transifex. He= re is > my experience about Launchpad /transifex/ Localize/ translatewiki to = backup > this choice. >=20 > First is Launchpad. Use it at around (2006~2008). Top translator of z= h_CN > team at that time. > Pro: Easy to start. So the contributor base is the largest at that ti= me. > Con: Very hard to make translation upstream. Most of the rot in Ubunt= u. >=20 > Lokalize: (2008~now) > To make my KDE GUI translation upstream, I get involved with kde-cn a= nd > lokalize. And I get my KDE commit access shortly. > Pro: Effiency - Offline Lokalize is much faster than web interface. I= n my > experence, it at least cut the time half. So I stop working on Launc= hpad > quickly. Translation memory avoid duplicate work. The most import par= t is > it make translation consistent which is more import in the GUI than W= iki > text. > Con: PO file is hard to work with. svn account and a minimal skill is= > needed. This did disappoint some translators in kde-cn and some left.= >=20 > Translatewiki: (2010~now) Mostly in Userbase and Techbase. > Pro: Specially optimized for Wiki work flow. Easy to keep text sync w= ith > English. > Con: Make the original English page hard to edit. Compare to Arch Wik= i, > Userbase and Techbase have a much much smaller user edits. I blame it= s ugly > syntex. I myself spend almost 1 years before I dare to edit the page = with > "" marking :) >=20 > Transifex: I joined many projects but do little translation. Because = when I > check my dash board, usually all the work is already done by someone = else, > in very good quality. > Pro: Easy to start as Launchpad. Easy to make work upstream. Good svn= git > integration. > Con: Need time to maintain, especially for project as large as KDE. >=20 > Conclusion: > I will keep using Lokalize in the future. But sometime I ask myself, = will I > enter KDE translation without experience in Launchpad when I am a nov= ice. > The answer is probably no. Have a web access to KDE GUI translation w= ill > increase our contributor base. Then we can guide them to use Lokalize= for > quality. >=20 > TranslateWiki is absolutely the choice of Wiki translation. But I que= stion > its role in GUI translation. Po and wiki have different, po files sh= ould > be sync with svn repo everyday or at least every week. Believe me, it= is > very hard work. Suggestion: Let one l18n team to do a test run to def= eat my > concern above :) >=20 > Feng Chao