List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translation Methods comparsion
From:       "Sveinn í Felli (IMAP)" <sveinki () nett ! is>
Date:       2013-03-22 8:04:15

Þann fös 22.mar 2013 03:53, skrifaði Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 8:46 AM, Leon Feng <rainofchaos@gmail.com> wrote:
>> TranslateWiki is absolutely the choice of Wiki translation. But I question
>> its role in GUI translation. Po and  wiki have different, po files should be
>> sync with svn repo everyday or at least every week.
>
> In the on-going mail conversation, Niklas did provide an outline of
> how the synchronization will happen. Additionally, the source file for
> localization ie. localizable files may be different, but the
> translation content management systems viz. Transifex, Pootle,
> TranslateWiki.net do seem to be capable of handling them and providing
> a consistent user experience for the translator.

If there will be an agreement on using (also) a web-based
system for KDE-projects, please include Pootle as an option;
it's capable of handling very large projects such as
LibreOffice. And for coordinating terminology or
spellchecking I find great to be able to download/upload
whole branches in a .zip-file.
Pootle and Transifex have user-configurable glossaries and
rudimentary TM.

Oh, and since I'm at it; for translating longer texts
offline such as documentation, I largely prefer Omega-T over
Lokalize; a paragraph-snippets based tool which can share
terminology/TM with fx. Lokalize.