2013/3/17, Niklas Laxstr=F6m : > On 17 March 2013 15:12, Myriam Schweingruber wrote: >> I have been searching the archives and didn't find any indications >> that there ever was a discussion on the translators list about >> Translatewiki at all, if I did miss it, could somebody please point me >> to the archives? > > This thread is the discussion. > >> While I do not translate KDE, I am nonetheless a professional >> translator for pharmaceutical and medical texts and I heavily rely on >> a good translation memory for terminology. I believe translating >> software is not different. >> >> I also contribute heavily to the 3 KDE wikis writing documentation and >> I have tried to look at how translations are managed, what I really >> miss is the possibility to use of the existing translation memories, >> which for me would be a total no-go when it comes to translate >> something that already has translation memory. It is duplicate work >> and not very productive. We all invest our free time into this and >> translation memories are THE tool to avoid duplicate work and spare >> considerable time. > > The Translate extensions supports external translation memory and > machine translation services. > > It also has a built-in translation memory. It is not the best one out > there, especially compared to commercial alternatives, but we have > been improving it step by step and want to improve it further. > > We also have interface designs for glossary features. The development > on that has not yet started. The ability to import/export tm as tmx files would be cool. Also with tbx for glossaries; for these, please note that xliff 2.0 draft allows contains module definition for embedded glossaries that you could find interesting. The ability to fetch glossaries/tm from an external url would also be nice. Also, please take a look at feature request for lokalize concerning these functionalities.