List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Renaming .desktop files to .desktop.in
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-03-05 16:54:43

Am Dienstag, 5. März 2013, 17:10:48 schrieb Pino Toscano:
> Hi,
>
> Alle martedì 5 marzo 2013, Daniele E. Domenichelli ha scritto:
> > In KDE-Telepathy we are about to rename some .desktop files to
> > .desktop.in and let cmake modify them, but before we do it we have a
> > couple of questions:
> >
> > 1) will scripty update translations for these files like it does for
> > .desktop files?
> >
> > 2) how can we avoid losing all the string translations for the
> > .desktop files?
>
> scripty handles already .desktop.cmake files as desktop-like files, so
> just rename those files as such and they will be handled fine.

But only .desktop.cmake, not .desktop.in, right?
Because the latter I was told to use to actually achieve the opposite, to
prevent scripty to include those files into the translation (were files only
used for testing, no need to have translators spent their time on the values
of the "Name=" properties).

Any suggestion where on techbase these tips&tricks can be noted?

Cheers
Friedrich