List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Problems in Translating "Systems Settings"
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2013-02-08 9:36:09

=D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BD=D0=B5 Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:48:=
10 +0200, Chetan Khona  =

<chetan@sumconcepts.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for quick reply.
>
> I am looking for internal translations of settings and not the heading=
s.  =

> Please look below for my issues
>
> Subject: Re: Problems in Translating "Systems Settings"
> Date: Friday 08 Feb 2013, 8:40:24 AM
> From: Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor@ukr.net>
> To: KDE i18n-doc <kde-i18n-doc@kde.org>
>
> Hi,
>
> Please find some answers below.
>
> =D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BD=D0=B5 Fri, 08 Feb 2013 08:1=
5:37 +0200, Chetan Khona
> <chetan@sumconcepts.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am facing some issues in translating "Systems Settings". I am not a=
ble
>> to find translation files for following settings :
>>
>> - Window Behavior / Window Behavior
>
> kde-workspace/desktop_kde-workspace.po
>
> I have translated this file but I could not locate strings from Window=
s  =

> Behavior / Windows Behavior such as :
> "Focus stealing prevention level" / "Separate screen focus" etc.

kde-workspace/kcmkwm.po

>> - Application Appearance / GTK+ Appearance
>> - Application Appearance / Gtk Configuration
>
> extragear-base/desktop_extragear-base_kde-gtk-config
> The above-mentioned string was changed to "GTK" recently.
>
> I have translated the file but for "Gtk Configuration" many strings ar=
e  =

> not reflecting in display (surprisingly some strings are reflecting)
> For eg. "GTK Theme" has been translated but not "Select a GTK3 Theme"
> And regarding "GTK+ Appearance" I am not able to find any strings. Som=
e  =

> examples are :
> "Widget Style" / "Use my KDE fonts in GTK+ applications" etc.

The first can be a result of recent changes in the code of the module. C=
f.  =

self-compiled GTK module, Mageia 2, Ukrainian translation:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55247264/kde-gtk-config.png

The latter is a result of parallel installation of some old configuratio=
n  =

module. Please remove the corresponding package. The actual package shou=
ld  =

be named kde-gtk-config (at least this is its name in Mageia).

>> - Application and System Notifications / Other Notifications
>
> Can be added by third party modules. What is the content of this secti=
on?

> Contents of this section is as below :
> "Show notifications for" / "Application crashes" / "Notification type"=
 /  =

> "Popup Notifications only"

Kubuntu third party module. Please translate it through Launchpad/Rosett=
a:

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/raring/+source/kubuntu-notific=
ation-helper/+pots/kcm-notificationhelper/mr/+translate

or report a bug to move the module into KDE infrastructure.

>> - User Manager
>
> kdeadmin/desktop_kdeadmim.po
>
> I have translated this file. But am not able to translate internal  =

> contents after it launches application -> "userconfig"
> Some of the contents are "Users & Groups Administration" / "Show Syste=
m  =

> Accounts" etc.

It may happen that some strings in kuser.po were not translated:

http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/l10n-kde4/mr/messages/kdeadmin/ku=
ser.po

The other issue that may happen is that for some reason translations wer=
e  =

not loaded for superuser. Works here (Mageia 2):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55247264/kuser.png

Best regards,
Yuri