List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Change in summit wrt. externally injected branch catalogs
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2013-01-31 8:50:21

Until now, if in a branch (stable or trunk) a new catalog would appear which
was not present in the summit, scatter operation would abort with an error.
The idea was that the translation team better check where did this catalog
come from, since it didn't come the normal way, from summit scattering.

However, in practice so far, this caused much more trouble than worth. Noone
complained about an externally appearing catalog as being too bad to gather
into summit, while scattering was being periodically broken for teams who
left it on autopilot.

Therefore now I removed the error, and left only warnings. It is still
necessary to eventually notice the warning and manually gather (or do
something else with) the injected branch catalog, but scattering will
otherwise proceed normally. I have updated the Techbase article accordingly:

http://techbase.kde.org/Localization/Workflows/PO_Summit#Externally_Injected_Branch_Catalogs

If someone wants the old behavior back, I can add it as per-language
configuration option.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)