List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Importing existing translations
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2013-01-08 14:11:50

On Tuesday 08 of January 2013 13:43:37 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> Luigi Toscano wrote:
> > On Tuesday 08 of January 2013 11:55:37 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am moving an existing project (colibri) to KDE infrastructure, in
> >> playground/base.
> >>
> >> It was previously hosted on Gitorious and had its own po/ dir. Is it OK
> >> to commit the translations from this po/ dir in the relevant
> >> l10n/*/messages/playground-base/ dirs?
> >
> > I would suggest to tell the translators of that program to contact (and
> > join) the translation team for their language if they are not yet part of
> > it. Different teams have different rules to handle ownership for
> > translations, and not all the projects outside KDE infrastructure are
> > translated by us.
>
> I am not sure I get it: in this case, I am moving Colibri to KDE
> infrastructure, so it would not be "outside" anymore.

When a project is outside KDE infrastructure it can happen that it's
translated by translators outside our teams. In this case, for example, I
don't recognize the name of the Italian translator. When the translation is
imported into our infrastructure, every team applies its rules for translating
it and it can happen that the translation is automatically assigned to another
(internal) translator. When something like this happened in the past, we
(Italian translator) tried to contact the original translator asking him to
join the team and continue the translation (or also translate other stuff).
I'm pretty sure it happened something similar for other teams.

What I tried to say is that, if you ask directly the existing colibri
translator to join the respective translation team, it would make our life a
bit easier :)

Ciao
--
Luigi