List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE SC 4.10 moved to stable, trunk is for master/4.11
From:       Freek de Kruijf <f.de.kruijf () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-01-08 11:32:11

Op dinsdag 8 januari 2013 11:04:30 schreef Albert Astals Cid:
> --- El mar, 8/1/13, Chetan Khona escribió:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi
>
> > Sorry I am new to translation and not aware of the
> > procedures.
> >
> > I want to know where should I work now - Stable or Trunk?
>
> That depends on what you want to do :-)
>
> The following answers are regarding main modules (i.e. not extragear,
> playground, calligra, etc)
> > If I work in Trunk, whether the changes will impact on 4.10
> > or not?
>
> No, trunk is for 4.11
>
> > If I work in Stable, whether the changes will impact 4.11
> > onwards?
>
> No, stable is for 4.10.x only

When you are using lokalize doing translations and you have both the svn
directories of trunk and branch on your system, you can use a project file of
lokalize to have branch as the PoBaseDir and trunk as the BranchDir. In that
case, when you are translating a po file in branch, the corresponding message
in the corresponding po file in trunk will be translated as well.

Otherwise you can also use the same Translation Memory in your trunk and
branch project file (same ProjectID), and use Ctrl+Alt+B to copy translations
from Translation Memory in your po file.

BTW. Please do not use top posting.

--
vr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf