List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Some tips to libindi strings in KStars translation catalog
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2012-10-16 16:20:10

написане Tue, 16 Oct 2012 17:28:44 +0300, Marek Laane <bald@smail.ee>:

> [...]
> no scope and have to use just simulators which probably do not have all
> necessary strings. And another difficult problem is lack of commentars -
> in
> my language there are different forms for word when it is command/verb
> and
> when it is a noun ... I just hope somebody could answer them :-)
>
> Count - where can one see it and what exactly does it mean?
>
> Diff.Eq - what is it? Even Google doesn't know (not it nor
> diffequatorial)
>
> Expose Abort - is it a command?
>
> Factory - what is it?
>
> Fan - is it, err, device for ventilation?
>
> Feed - what is it? Or rather, where can one see it and feed for what it
> is?
>
> Filter Count - is it a number/count of filters?
>
> Find - is it a command?
>
> GPS Power - is it, i.e. "power" related to, err, electricity?
>
> Goto - I found GOTO but not Goto, so is it a command or what?
>
> Guide Abort - is it a command?
>
> Guide Head - what is it? Related to a guider?
>
> Guide Wheel - what is it? Related to a guider?
>
> Guide - what is it? A command?
>
> Halt - is it a command?
>
> High - for what is it used? Translation may be dependent of exact use.
>
> Library - what is it?
>
> Low - for what is it used+ Translation may be dependent of exact use.
>
> Mount coordinates - what does it mean?
>
> Mount init. - what does it mean?
>
> Park - that one I understand but it seems it is used both as noun and
> verb
> (at least I see in my telescope simulator on Main control tab two "Park",
> one as control and other one as button) which makes translation hard ...
>
> Position - where is it? Translation may be dependent of exact use.
>
> Power - what is it? Related to electricity?
>
> Saturation Mag - I didn't understand it
>
> Save home - is it a command? And what does "home" mean here?
>
> Seeing - for what is it?
>
> Set Register - is it a command? And what exactly is "register" here?
>
> Set home - is it a command? And what does "home" mean here?
>
> Set register - is it a command? And what exactly is "register" here?
>
> Sleep - is it a command? (There is "Wake up", so it may be but I'm not
> sure
> ...)
>
> Stream Off - is it a command? And where, or for what stream?
>
> Stream On - is it a command? And where, or for what stream?
>
> Transformation - what is it?
>
> Use Pulse Cmd - what does it mean?
>
> app. to refracted - what does it mean? ( I mean, "app" may mean
> "apparent"
> but even then I don't understand)
>
> app., refr., tel., observed - what does it mean, or rather for what is it
> used?
>
> app., refr., telescope - what does it mean, or rather for what is it
> used?
>
> danger - what is it?
>
> rel. to HA - I understand it is "relative to hourangle" but where is it

Hi,

That's slightly more questions about telescopes than Krõll, the
Naksitrallid, the Kunksmoor, and the Sipsik could even imagine altogether.
;) I'll try to answer.

------------

Diff. Eq.

Comment in the code:

Difference of the equatorial coordinates, used to estimate the applied
corrections.

-----------

Expose Abort - is it a command?

Yes. It is the command to abort the exposition.

-------

Factory - what is it?

Default settings of the appliance, hardcoded by the manufacturer.

---------

Fan - is it, err, device for ventilation?

Yes. The string is for the fan status.

----------

Feed - what is it? Or rather, where can one see it and feed for what it is?

Blob for sending image

-----------

Filter Count - is it a number/count of filters?

Yes.

-----------

Find - is it a command?

It is a slew mode ("Slew", "Find", "Centering", "Guide")

------------

GPS Power - is it, i.e. "power" related to, err, electricity?

No. It's radiant flux of the signal.

------------

Goto - I found GOTO but not Goto, so is it a command or what?

It's a switch ("Goto", "Sync", "Track") to control Telescope behaviour
when changing coordinates to the specified below on the page "Main
control" ("On Set").

-------------

Guide Abort - is it a command?

Yes.

--------------

Guide Head - what is it? Related to a guider?

Yes. Advertisement about guide head:

http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=6174

--------------

Guide Wheel - what is it? Related to a guider?

Similar to "Filter Wheel" but for guides.

--------------

Guide - what is it? A command?

Label for CCD Guider control.

--------------

Halt - is it a command?

Focus mode ("Halt", "Slow", "Fast").

---------------

High - for what is it used? Translation may be dependent of exact use.
Low - for what is it used+ Translation may be dependent of exact use.

Noise reduction options (+Medium).

---------------

Library - what is it?

The name of the tab with star catalogs.

----------------

Mount coordinates - what does it mean?

Coordinates of telescope mounting

----------------

Mount init. - what does it mean?

Startup telescope position.

----------------

Park - that one I understand but it seems it is used both as noun and verb
(at least I see in my telescope simulator on Main control tab two "Park",
one as control and other one as button) which makes translation hard ...

Yes. The translation is hard thing to do... :'(

-----------------

Position - where is it? Translation may be dependent of exact use.

Position of the focuser.

Set register - is it a command? And what exactly is "register" here?

Used to save the position and backlash of the focuser.

-----------------

Power - what is it? Related to electricity?

Yes. A power switch for RoboFocuser.

---------------

Saturation Mag - I didn't understand it

Magnitude of CCD saturation.

---------------

Save home - is it a command? And what does "home" mean here?
Set home - is it a command? And what does "home" mean here?

Home is the initial telescope for LX200-16 (can be set and saved)

---------------

Seeing - for what is it?

Label for the focuser seeing in arcsecs.

---------------

Sleep - is it a command? (There is "Wake up", so it may be but I'm not
sure ...)

GPS system command ("Sleep", "Wake up", "Restart").

---------------

Stream Off - is it a command? And where, or for what stream?
Stream On - is it a command? And where, or for what stream?

Yes. A video stream from v4l device (can be tested with any webcam).

-----------------

Transformation - what is it?
app. to refracted - what does it mean? ( I mean, "app" may mean "apparent"
but even then I don't understand)
app., refr., tel., observed - what does it mean, or rather for what is it
used?
app., refr., telescope - what does it mean, or rather for what is it used?

Apparent to observed coordinates transformation and the modes of this
transformation using libnova.

-----------------

Use Pulse Cmd - what does it mean?

Use pulse-guide commands. Set to on if this mount can support pulse guide
commands. There appears to be no way to query this information from the
mount.

danger - what is it?

Master alarm option ("off", "danger", "ON", "reset")

rel. to HA - I understand it is "relative to hourangle" but where is it
used?

Mount declination axis position relative to HA coordinates.