List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KStars INDI Control Panel and translations
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-10-06 18:15:02

El Dissabte, 6 d'octubre de 2012, a les 21:07:11, Yuri Chornoivan va escriure:
> написане Sat, 06 Oct 2012 20:37:53 +0300, Albert Astals Cid
>
> <aacid@kde.org>:
> > El Dissabte, 6 d'octubre de 2012, a les 16:28:51, Yuri Chornoivan va
> >
> > escriure:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> As you may notice, KStars from KDE 4.10 will have a nice INDI control
> >> panel. :)
> >>
> >> The strings for this panel come from libindi which is untranslatable.
> >> This
> >> leads to untranslated dialogs in KStars [1]. :(
> >
> > Do you know if there is a fixed set of strings to translate from libindi
> > or
> > they can be random?
>
> There is a static set of telescope properties (messages like "Scope
> Location", line 63):
>
> http://indi.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/indi/trunk/libindi/libs/indibase/indi
> telescope.cpp?revision=753&view=markup
>
> for focusers:
>
> http://indi.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/indi/trunk/libindi/libs/indibase/indi
> focuser.cpp?revision=753&view=markup
>
> for filter wheels:
>
> http://indi.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/indi/trunk/libindi/libs/indibase/indi
> filterwheel.cpp?revision=753&view=markup
>
> for CCDs:
>
> http://indi.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/indi/trunk/libindi/libs/indibase/indi
> ccd.cpp?revision=753&view=markup
>
> and general control keywords (like "Connection", line 141):
>
> http://indi.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/indi/trunk/libindi/libs/indibase/indi
> device.cpp?revision=753&view=markup

Well, assuming we just have no faith in the indi people setting up a
translation for their lib we can just add a dummy file with lots of I18N_NOOP
calls and then wrap the few calls we do to indi with i18n() and that will give
us a nicely translated dialog.

But of course we need to collect all the strings used first, can you do that?

Cheers,
  Albert